super easy (vegan) chocolate brownies

3:13 PM

hope everyone is having a super relaxing weekend. i just wanted to share a super easy brownie recipe i tried this weekend. i am writing this as i eat the last giant pie wedge shaped piece of brownie from my fridge.

i have the biggest sweet tooth especially during winter. most winters my diet goes out of control and cookies are about the only thing i eat. in the winter of 2011 i am pretty sure i survived december on cookies alone. since then i have grown a little wiser and save my all desert meals for breakfast and try to limit my sweet intake to just a few sweets a days.

friday night around 1 am ( i am nocturnal now) my sweet meter was running low and the corner shop where i get my oreo fix was closed so i had to improvise. i love baking but my kitchen in nyc is small and extremely low on counter space. so i needed something easy to make that wouldn't make a mess and my mind went straight to brownies.  this is the end result.

super easy vegan brownies

all you will need is:

2 cups of flour ( i used all purpose)
2 cups of sugar
3/4 cup of cocoa powder - unsweet
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt

mix this together in a big bowl then add

1 cup of soy milk (or water)
1 cup oil ( i used olive)
1 cap full of vanilla extract

mix well and put in a greased pan or if you don't have a square pan like me a pie dish works wonderfully.
put in oven for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.

i was super happy with how they came out.
sometimes vegan baked goods are dry and not appetizing but these were nice and moist.

does anyone else overdose on sweets in the winter months?
if so, what is your favorite sweet treat?

happy baking!

- bea


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe