Mixtape Monday // Week 8 // Something Special

7:46 PM

Happy Monday!

It's been a while since I have posted a mixtape, so I thought I would do a special mixtape monday that isn't so much a mixtape as it is three albums that I cant stop listening to.






My most listened to and probably favorite album of the year so far is St. Vincent's self titled album.
It was released in February and has been a staple on my spotify/phone since.  
The album touches on some darker topics like isolation and regret but stills feels optimistic and won't put a damper on your day. 

 listen to St. Vincent here




This next album is also a self titled album but this time by Sylvan Esso. I just discovered this album a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love. It is my perfect train ride home album/ dish doing album/ and 1 am dance parties at home with the dogs album (am I alone on this or does every dog owner do this?). 
It's versatile. If you like Hundred Waters, check out the track Dress; it has a similar aesthetic. 

listen to Sylvan Esso here.


My most recent discovery is alt-J's album An Awesome Wave. 
By most recent I mean I found it today while scrambling for something new to listen to for my super long trip to the Trader Joe's.
An Awesome Wave is the first album this English indie band released and currently the only full record on spotify.
They have released a few singles and a remix album and I am excited to hear more from them. 

listen to An Awesome Wave here.

I hope you all enjoy these albums as much as I do. 

I am always looking for new music, so let me know what you have been listening to lately!

-bea


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe